Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Praying Parent Intro

Well, I'll start by saying to those who know me, know that my children are the center of my life. Having put that out there, I have come to realize in the past I've prayed for them generically and never been specific. It wasn't until recently that I realized that wasn't how God wanted me to pray for them. I didn't realize the importance of praying for ALL aspects of their lives; past, present and future circumstances. Having started our daily devotion, God has opened my eyes and given me insight. He is teaching me so much by devoting my time to Him with this group. Never before have I been so excited to read and study a book. I believe this was the tool I needed to help me learn to fully surrender my children to Him in prayer. I'm learning to do that now by depending on God. For Him to help me raise my children and for me to realize my need for His help. I know this book is just a tool, but I can't seem to keep my nose out of it! I want to read and learn more each day...its been AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment